Deadline: November 30, 2016
Type: Scholarship, Master degree
Program Period: 2 years
Number of Awards: 2 seats
Course Starts: October 2017
Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) is offering two scholarships for master program at the Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences, Kyushu University, Japan.
- Bioresource Sciences
- Agro-environmental Sciences
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Bioscience and Biotechnology.
For details of study areas, click here!
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member country (please see Regions and Countries). Applicants living or working in a country other than their home country are ineligible for the scholarship.
- Hold (a) a bachelor’s degree and (b) completed 16 years of academic education in their home country or (c) its equivalent with a superior academic record. For applicants in Nepal, Bangladesh, or Pakistan who have earned a master’s degree in their home country and have completed only 16 years of education, their master’s level education will only be equivalent to a Japanese bachelor’s degree.
*Individual Evaluation of Academic Ability
Those who wish to apply in accordance with the above qualification (iii) are required to undergo an individual evaluation of their academic ability. First, they must notify the Student Section (firstname.lastname@example.org) and then send all of the required documentation to the same address by September 30, 2016. Applicants will be notified of the results of the evaluation by October 30, 2016.
- Have at least two years of professional full-time work experience (acquired after obtaining a university degree) by January 15, 2017.
- Have adequate proficiency in oral and written English communication to pursue studies.
- Be no more than 35 years of age on January 15, 2017.
- Be in good health.
- Must agree to return to their home country to contribute to its development after completing the program.
- Family income must not be more than US$50,000/per year, and individual income should not be more than US$25,000/year.
- Have never previously studied abroad.
- Have never been enrolled in a graduate degree program (Exception: Applicants in Nepal, Bangladesh, or Pakistan) or do not plan to complete a second MA or Ph.D. degree.
Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste Tonga, Turkmenistan Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
- Tuition fees (actual costs).
- Subsistence allowance.
- Student medical and accident insurance (actual costs).
- Educational materials.
- Economy class air travel for one person, covering the journey from the scholar’s place Kyushu University and the return flight at the end of the study program.
Note: The initial scholarship period is for one year. An appropriate extension for the second year of study shall be conditional on the scholar’s ability to maintain a satisfactory level of academic performance. Generally, extension of the scholarship will not be allowed beyond the two-year period
How to Apply
Please apply for secure online form here. Applicants are strongly recommended that applicants contact your potential supervisor well before filling out the entry form.
For more information, please look at the guideline here and go to official website here.