This book has been written for candidates preparing for the revised version of the International English Language Testing System, known as IELTS. This is a test designed to assess the English language skills of non-English speaking students seeking to study in an English-speaking country.
Aims of the book
- to prepare you for the test by familiarizing you with the types of texts and tasks that you will meet in the IELTS test, and the level and style of language used in the test.
- to help you prepare for your studies at university or college by introducing you to the types of communication tasks which you are likely to meet in English speaking study environment.
Content of the book
The book contains four complete sample IELTS tests, each comprising:
- Listening and Speaking modules
- Academic Reading and Writing modules.
- An answer key at the back of the book and you should refer to this after you have attempted each of the practice tests.
- An annotated copy of the listening comprising Listening and Speaking modules and Academic Reading and Writing modules.