Deadline: March 10, 2017
Type: Scholarship, Undergraduate degree
Program Period: 4 years
Number of Awards: 3-4 seats
Course Starts: Not specified
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is offering to 3 to 4 outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar) to pursue undergraduate studies at local universities in Singapore i.e. National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
The Dr GKS Scholarship is open to students who are citizens/passport holders of Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Laos and Myanmar. Singapore citizens and PRs are not eligible to apply for the Dr GKS Scholarship.
- Concurrently apply for admission to NUS, NTU, SMU or SUTD. Most courses (except for specialised courses like Medicine) will be considered. Applicants should adhere to the university’s admission deadlines and guidelines;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and possess good academic and co-curricular activities (CCA) achievements;
- Have sat for, or made private arrangements to sit for the SAT; (for more information on SAT and registration for the test, please refer to the College Board website)
The scholarship supports a maximum of 4 years of undergraduate study (including Honours). It provides the following:
- Tuition and other compulsory fees;
- Airfare (to Singapore and return to home country upon completion of study);
- Annual maintenance allowance of SGD6500;
- Hostel allowance based on institution of study; and
- Settling-in allowance (one-off expense) of SGD200 upon arrival in Singapore.
The scholarship award will be reviewed annually and is subjected to satisfactory performance and academic results.
***Scholarship Bond: Successful candidates will be required to work for 3 years upon the completion of their studies in either (1) an approved company in Singapore; or (2) an approved Singapore-based company in their home country. The deployment of scholarship holders to serve their bonds will be determined by the Dr GKS Scholarship Fund.
How to Apply
Please submit your application at https://www.gksscholarship.sg/ no later then March 10, 2017 at 23:59, Singapore time (UTC+08:00).
Shortlisted applicants will be required to take an online personality profiling test in Mar/Apr 2017.
Applicants selected to attend the final interview are encouraged to travel to Singapore in end–May 2017. The trip will be at the applicants’ own expense. If applicants are unable to travel to Singapore, alternative arrangements will be made.