Type: Scholarship, Training & Master
Program Period: Varies
Number of Awards: Not specified
Course Starts: 2017
VLIR-UOS Scholarships is offering to citizens from 31 eligible countries in Africa, Asia and Latin-America, to join a training or master program in English at a Flemish university or university college in Belgium.
Master programs (September 2017)
- Master of Human Settlements
- Master of Development Evaluation and Management
- Master of Governance and Development
- Master of Globalization and Development
- Master of Cultures and Development Studies
- Master of Science in Food Technology
- Master of Aquaculture (IMAQUA)
- Master of Epidemiology
- Master of Agro-and Environmental Nematology
- Master of Rural Development
- Master of Statistics
- Master of Water Resources Engineering
- Master of Sustainable Territorial Development
- Master of Transportation Sciences and Road Safety in Low & Middle Income Countries
- Master of Science in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management (Oceans and Lakes)
Training programs organised in 2017 (14-90 days)
- Sustainable Development and Human Rights Law (SUSTLAW) (13/02/2017-05/05/2017) – deadline for applications: 2/11/2016
- Health Management in Aquaculture
- Audio-visual Learning Materials – Management, Production and Activities (AVLM)
- Food Safety, Quality Assurance and Risk Analysis
- Modern breeding techniques of maize
- I-EBQ (International training on Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Qualitative research methods)
- Clinical Nutrition – the North-South experience
Citizens from 31 eligible countries are as followings: (1) Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Niger. (2) Asia: Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Vietnam (3) Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, Suriname
You can only apply for a scholarship if you meet the following requisites:
- Age: The maximum age for an ICP candidate is 35 years for an initial masters and 40 years for an advanced masters. The maximum age for an ITP candidate is 45 years. The candidate cannot succeed this age on January 1 of the intake year.
- Nationality and Country of Residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the 31 countries sated above of the VLIR-UOS country list for scholarships (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application.
- Professional background and experience: VLIR-UOS gives priority to candidates who are employed in academic institutions, research institutes, governments, social economy or NGO’s, or aim a career in one of these sectors. However, also candidates employed in the profit sector (ICP and ITP) or newly graduated candidates without any work experience (ICP) can be eligible for the scholarship. The ITP candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
VLIR-UOS only provides full scholarships for the total duration of the training or Master programs. Here are the scholarship benefits:
For a training program
- Allowance: € 33/day
- Several one-time payments
- Accommodation, insurance, international travel and tuition fee
For a Master program
- Allowance: € 890/month
- Accommodation allowance: € 390/month
- Family allowance: € 62 per dependent person/month
- Several one-time payments
- Insurance, international travel and tuition fee
Details are here.
How to Apply
To apply for a training or Master programs, visit the website of the training or Master programs of your interest. Then in each program application, propose if you wish to apply for a scholarship.The deadline varies are based on the Master or Training programs.
You first need to apply for the training or Master programs and if you apply for the VLIR-UOS directly, your application will not be considered!
Some programs have already been opened and the others will be opened later.
Click here: http://www.vliruos.be/scholarships