Deadline: February 1 – April 30, 2017
Type: Scholarship, Master and PhD
Program Period: Varies
Number of Awards: Not specified
Course Starts: Intake 2018
Australia Awards Scholarships (AAS) are open to applicants from the Royal Government of Cambodia, public sector agencies, non-government organisations, civil society organisations and the private sector.
Applications are open from all fields of study except general management degrees, such as a Master of Business Administration, but applicants should select courses that align with their experiences and qualifications.
Level of Study
Australia Awards Scholarships are long-term awards providing Cambodians with the opportunity to obtain postgraduate qualifications at a Masters level (by coursework only) and in exceptional cases PhD level at an Australian tertiary institution.
- Return air travel
- A one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- Full tuition fees
- Contribution to living expenses
- Introductory academic program
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the Scholarship
- Supplementary academic support
- Fieldwork allowance (for research students only).
- Be a citizen of Cambodia (only).
- Be a resident of Cambodia for a period of 24 months immediately prior to 1 February 2017 (i.e. the day applications open) other than for short absences related to employment, professional development or holidays.
- Already hold a Bachelor degree, if applying for a Masters; or already hold a Masters, if applying for a PhD.
- Have enough English Proficiency; For Masters IELTS score of 5.5 overall with no sub-band less than 5.0 (or TOEFL equivalent). For PhD IELTS score of 6.5 overall with no sub-band less than 6.0 (or TOEFL equivalent)
- Have at least 24 months full-time (equivalent) work experience.
In the case of applicants applying for a Masters scholarship, preference will be given to applicants who do not already have a Masters degree from another country (other than Cambodia).
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://oasis.dfat.gov.au
When applying online, all supporting documents must be uploaded to meet the specific eligibility requirements for Cambodia.
Application forms can be downloaded at: www.australiaawardscambodia.org.
Hardcopy applications can be collected from these Australian Centre for Education (ACE) campuses:
- Samdech Pan- No. 46, Street 214, Sangkat Boeung Raing, Khan Daun Penh
- Santhor Mok- No. 657, Kampuchea Krom Blvd, Sangkat Teuk Laark 1, Khan Toul Kork
- Tuol Tom Poung – No167, Corner St.163 and St. 480, Sangkat Phsar Deumthkov, Khan Chamkarmon.
- No. 0896, High School Road, Wat Bo Village, Sala Kamreuk Commune.
Completed hardcopy applications must be hand delivered/mailed to the Australian Embassy, No 16B National Assembly St. Phnom Penh, and received by the closing date.
Applicants are strongly recommended to read the application guideline and visit official website for more details.
Official website: http://www.australiaawardscambodia.org/