The 2017 YSEALI SEA Camp is seeking youth leaders, ages 18-23, who are active in environmental, coastal, and marine issues. The application is open to residents of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
The YSEALI SEA Camp will bring together 30 youth leaders from all Southeast Asian countries from March 15 to 22, 2017, in Coron, Palawan. During the week, they will undergo an intensive environmental education and leadership program with outdoor activities, workshops, and panel discussions with leading authorities and specialists in the field.
All expenses (e.g., transportation, accommodations, materials) will be covered by the project. English will be the main medium of instruction.
- Be 18-23 years old during the SEA Camp
- Be able to attend the full duration of the SEA Camp independent of a parent/guardian
- Have a strong interest in conservation, environmental issues, volunteerism, and advocacy work
- Be a member of YSEALI
- Be based in any of the Southeast Asian countries in March 2017
- Be a citizen of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Thailand, Myanmar, Brunei, Cambodia, or Vietnam
How to Apply
- Fill out the online SEA Camp application form. Forms cannot be edited once submitted. Applicants can read and answer the Word document before filling in the online form, which can be viewed and downloaded from here. Please click the icon of the arrow pointing downward to download the form. Do not e-mail a filled out copy of the Word document as your application. Only applications using the online SEA Camp application form will be assessed.
- Submit a clear photo of yourself for the announcement of participants, and a scanned copy or clear photo of your passport (bio data page) to complete your application.
- Join YSEALI by signing up in the website, www.yseali.state.gov (see the “Join YSEALI!” column on the right). Please submit a screenshot of your registration confirmation along with your SEA Camp application.
Deadline for applications is at 11:59PM (GTM+8) on December 17, 2016. Late submissions will not be accepted.
For more details, visit official website.